Lost files

ronald

I received a virus alert so checked the computer and
found that two files were infected. On virus was removed
OK but the other could not be removed and Norton advised
removing the files and re-installing.So far I have been
unable to locate and restore these files, they are:
Windows\system32\MAPISRVR.exe and Gapi32.dll Any advice
will be appreciated.

Ron

Error Message: <Systemroot>\System32\Mapisrvr.exe Cannot
Access a Necessary File, "Gapi32.dll"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320550

WinDoctor cannot fix the error "'C:\WINNT\System32\MAPISRVR.EXE'
cannot access a necessary file 'Gapi32.dll'"
http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nunt.nsf/ca9f46bcffa4bc3285256aa30052353c/7607b31f7355c0e2882569c4004da492?OpenDocument

The gapi32.dll file can be found on your Microsoft Office
installation CD.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP