  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
April 10, 2004 11:30:13 AM

every text document on my pc has become unreadable, it
looks like its set as wingdings, ive tried using system
restore but that fails, im desperate, please help
ive run a full virus check and no errors

More about : text unreadable

April 11, 2004 5:29:51 AM

"john" <john_mac_007@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> every text document on my pc has become unreadable, it
> looks like its set as wingdings, ive tried using system
> restore but that fails, im desperate, please help
> ive run a full virus check and no errors

Have you tried changing the font in notepad? Choose Format>Font and choose
something like "courier new" or "lucida console". If that doesn't work,
maybe its some kind of language setting problem.