all text is unreadable

every text document on my pc has become unreadable, it
looks like its set as wingdings, ive tried using system
restore but that fails, im desperate, please help
ive run a full virus check and no errors
1 answer Last reply
More about text unreadable

    "john" <john_mac_007@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > every text document on my pc has become unreadable, it
    > looks like its set as wingdings, ive tried using system
    > restore but that fails, im desperate, please help
    > ive run a full virus check and no errors

    Have you tried changing the font in notepad? Choose Format>Font and choose
    something like "courier new" or "lucida console". If that doesn't work,
    maybe its some kind of language setting problem.

Document Microsoft Windows XP