Hi,
I tried the diskettes at home to format them.
But they were write protected.
I went to Staples and got a 10 pack of new ones.
Got home and tried to format one of them.
Did not work with any of the 10 new ones!
All of them were write protected!
How can I fix this? Device manager states-- this
device is working properly.
Thanks in advance.
Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Greetings --

To turn off the write protection on a diskette, simply move the
little plastic shield from over the square hole in the upper right
corner of the diskette's casing.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"mctiger" <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I tried the diskettes at home to format them.
> But they were write protected.
> I went to Staples and got a 10 pack of new ones.
> Got home and tried to format one of them.
> Did not work with any of the 10 new ones!
> All of them were write protected!
> How can I fix this? Device manager states-- this
> device is working properly.
> Thanks in advance.
> Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

No doubt you have a faulty disk drive. I have one that does the same thing, I just
keep putting the disk in until it seats properly. Disk drives are cheap...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

mctiger wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried the diskettes at home to format them.
> But they were write protected.
> I went to Staples and got a 10 pack of new ones.
> Got home and tried to format one of them.
> Did not work with any of the 10 new ones!
> All of them were write protected!
> How can I fix this? Device manager states-- this
> device is working properly.
> Thanks in advance.
> Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Write-protected and new from the store? Unusual. More likely
a defective floppy disk drive since the OS is reporting that
it is working properly. The mpm-write protect sensor is broken.

Hi,
Just wanted to say "thanks for the responses"
And a Happy Easter to all.
Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

try looking at the back side of the diskette...and TURNING OFF the write
protection.....

---

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Check the type of floppies you bought. Be aware that XP supports formatting
floppies.at 1.44 only,