Choose OS on Boot Up

I have just purchased a 80 gig drive and installed Windows XP Professional.
Also have installed all my programs and data.
All works well but a little annoying on start up.
The screen comes up with choose operating system you want.and shows Windows
XP three time.
If you don't choose computer will start with the fist in 30 seconds. All are
them same.
As far as can tell all works well just a wait at first.
Any idea how to erase this problem???
Thanks
Lloyd

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Open Explorer, open BOOT.INI in the root of your boot drive, verify that all
three entries for starting XP are the same, if so - delete two.

"Lloyd Smith" <W7GBX@Cox.Net> wrote in message
> I have just purchased a 80 gig drive and installed Windows XP
Professional.
> Also have installed all my programs and data.
> All works well but a little annoying on start up.
> The screen comes up with choose operating system you want.and shows
Windows
> XP three time.
> If you don't choose computer will start with the fist in 30 seconds. All
are
> them same.
> As far as can tell all works well just a wait at first.
> Any idea how to erase this problem???
> Thanks
> Lloyd

"Lloyd Smith" <W7GBX@Cox.Net> wrote:

>I have just purchased a 80 gig drive and installed Windows XP Professional.
>Also have installed all my programs and data.
>All works well but a little annoying on start up.
>The screen comes up with choose operating system you want.and shows Windows
>XP three time.
>If you don't choose computer will start with the fist in 30 seconds. All are
>them same.
>As far as can tell all works well just a wait at first.
>Any idea how to erase this problem???
>Thanks
>Lloyd

Use Start - Run - MSCONFIG.
Go to the BOOT.INI tab and click on the "Check all boot paths" button.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP