nt authority problem

Am having a problem with xp windows. On IE frequently
comes up with NT Authority/System error message .Also
says remote prodedure call (rpc) services terminated
unexpectedly and shuts system down. What is the problem
and how do i fix?????
3 answers Last reply
More about authority problem

    Your computer is now infected with the W32.Blaster.Worm or
    one of its variants. This happened because you have not
    been using an internet connection firewall and have
    apparently neglected to install the critical updates
    available at the Windows Update website.
    -------
    If your computer is constantly attempting to shutdown
    or reboot, quickly go to:

    Start > Run and type: CMD , and hit enter.
    This opens the Command Prompt window.

    Then type: shutdown -a , and hit enter.

    This should halt the rebooting problem.
    -------
    Then immediately turn-on Windows XP's built-in Firewall:
    (To enable the built-in firewall, go to:
    Control Panel, double-click Networking and Internet
    Connections, then click Network Connections. Right-click
    your connection, then
    Click Properties, and on the Advanced tab, click the option
    "Protect my computer and network..." Note: the built in
    firewall only monitors incoming traffic not outgoing (ie
    spyware, trojans, etc.. you may have on your system).)

    Special note if you use AOL:
    America Online installs its own connection settings that
    override
    the ones that come with Windows XP. America Online's
    connection settings don't include a way to turn on Windows
    XP's
    built-in firewall.

    What You Should Know About the Blaster Worm and Its
    Variants

    A tool is available to remove Blaster worm and Nachi worm
    infections from computers
    that are running Windows 2000 or Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=833330

    A security issue has been identified that could allow an
    attacker to
    remotely compromise a computer running Microsoft Windows
    and
    gain complete control over it. You can help protect your
    computer
    by installing this update from Microsoft.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
    FamilyId=2354406C-C5B6-44AC-9532-
    3DE40F69C074&displaylang=en

    Above courtesy of MVP Carey

    ***Install a good firewall. ZoneAlarm is a free one you
    can install.
    Install a good anti-virus program making sure you keep
    it's definitions up to date! ***
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-39
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824146

    What You Should Know About the Blaster Worm

    Protect Your PC

    W32.Blaster.Worm a.k.a. W32/Lovesan.Worm
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm
    ..html

    W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm
    ..removal.tool.html

    W32.Welchia.Worm a.k.a. W32/Nachi.Worm
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32
    ..welchia.worm.html

    W32.Welchia.Worm Removal Tool
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm
    ..removal.tool.html

    Hi,

    It appears your computer has been infected with the Blaster virus. For more
    information and how to fix this please see follow this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/main.asp

    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 824146
    A Buffer Overrun in RPCSS Could Allow an Attacker to Run Malicious Programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824146

    More information about this particular worm:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

    Removal Information can be found here
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rpc

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    <paulwombat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Am having a problem with xp windows. On IE frequently
    > comes up with NT Authority/System error message .Also
    > says remote prodedure call (rpc) services terminated
    > unexpectedly and shuts system down. What is the problem
    > and how do i fix?????

    Hi

    The system has been infected by the Blaster Worm. Have a look at the
    following links:

    www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rpc

    Courtesy of MVP Kelly.

    "Virus Alert About the Blaster Worm and Its Variants"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826955

    "What You Should Know About the Blaster Worm and Its Variants"

    Will Denny

    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    <paulwombat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Am having a problem with xp windows. On IE frequently
    > comes up with NT Authority/System error message .Also
    > says remote prodedure call (rpc) services terminated
    > unexpectedly and shuts system down. What is the problem
    > and how do i fix?????

    ---

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP