Does The Sims 2 Benefit the SLi ability?

I notice that whenever I have my SLi enabled, there's no real difference in gameplay with it being turned off.
7 answers Last reply
More about does sims benefit ability
  1. Though nVidia has an SLI profile for it I doubt that it really benefits from SLI (unless the rest of your system is a real dog?). It runs just fine with my old ATI X800XL. I suspect the game is more CPU and memory intensive than graphics since I got a real boost in performance when I went from 1GB to 2GB.
  2. Well, that explains it. Yes, the game is more dependant on processor, even more so than RAM. I have 2GB's though. My processor is a X2 3800 AMD. I was just wondering.

3. woah i jus noticed this thread is 2 years old
    anyways

i got a new rig a few weeks back and i have 2 8600gt graphics cards from Gigabyte and i have an AMD athloon 64 X2 4000+ and the other day when i played the Sims 2 my screen went blue and a message came up aying that there was an error and the thing restarted. i tried playing the sims 2 a few more times but it crashed again.

is the sims 2 not able to handle dual core and/or sli properly???

pls reply
  4. Dont know about SLI But had no problems running sims2 on core2duo processors.
  5. greasymonkey said:
    woah i jus noticed this thread is 2 years old
    anyways

i got a new rig a few weeks back and i have 2 8600gt graphics cards from Gigabyte and i have an AMD athloon 64 X2 4000+ and the other day when i played the Sims 2 my screen went blue and a message came up aying that there was an error and the thing restarted. i tried playing the sims 2 a few more times but it crashed again.

is the sims 2 not able to handle dual core and/or sli properly???

pls reply

maybe drivers.
  6. hey greasy, we both have the same system, but sims2 runs fine on my end... try reinstalling the game. and yeah update them drivers
  7. woah kool same system woah trippy....
    ill try reinstalling thx
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Sims SLI Video Games