administrator account

i installes pc anywhere and my login screen changed - no more fast user switshing
now i removed pc anywhere but
can't find the administrator account to login
how can i get the admin account back on my startup screen
i tried to create one but xp tels me it exists
3 answers Last reply
More about administrator account

    Greetings --

    By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of
    WinXP Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing
    CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard
    login dialog box.

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "rodney_dude" <r_varo@hotmail. com> wrote in message
    >i installes pc anywhere and my login screen changed - no more fast
    >user switshing
    > now i removed pc anywhere but
    > can't find the administrator account to login
    > how can i get the admin account back on my startup screen
    > i tried to create one but xp tels me it exists

    Hi Rodney,

    By default, it is hidden once normal user accounts have been created. To
    show it, try using TweakUI.

    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "rodney_dude" <r_varo@hotmail. com> wrote in message
    >i installes pc anywhere and my login screen changed - no more fast user
    >switshing
    > now i removed pc anywhere but
    > can't find the administrator account to login
    > how can i get the admin account back on my startup screen
    > i tried to create one but xp tels me it exists

    For the Welcome Screen/FUS issue:

    Fix Logon/Restore Welcome Screen: This should reset the default GINA in registry.
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.htm

    The Default Windows Logon Interface May Not Appear After Installing Third-Party Program
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302346

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    ExportZone - for Internet Explorer:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ExportZone.htm

    "rodney_dude" <r_varo@hotmail. com> wrote in message news:E3FBED89-8FAB-4485-A9C8-2D39C59090B2@microsoft.com...
    i installes pc anywhere and my login screen changed - no more fast user switshing
    now i removed pc anywhere but
    can't find the administrator account to login
    how can i get the admin account back on my startup screen
    i tried to create one but xp tels me it exists

Microsoft Windows XP