administrator account

April 11, 2004 2:06:04 PM

i installes pc anywhere and my login screen changed - no more fast user switshing
now i removed pc anywhere but
can't find the administrator account to login
how can i get the admin account back on my startup screen
i tried to create one but xp tels me it exists

More about : administrator account

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 4:24:08 PM

Greetings --

By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of
WinXP Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing
CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard
login dialog box.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"rodney_dude" <r_varo@hotmail. com> wrote in message
>i installes pc anywhere and my login screen changed - no more fast
>user switshing
> now i removed pc anywhere but
> can't find the administrator account to login
> how can i get the admin account back on my startup screen
> i tried to create one but xp tels me it exists
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:01:02 PM

Hi Rodney,

By default, it is hidden once normal user accounts have been created. To
show it, try using TweakUI.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"rodney_dude" <r_varo@hotmail. com> wrote in message
>i installes pc anywhere and my login screen changed - no more fast user
>switshing
> now i removed pc anywhere but
> can't find the administrator account to login
> how can i get the admin account back on my startup screen
> i tried to create one but xp tels me it exists
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 12:14:22 AM

For the Welcome Screen/FUS issue:

Fix Logon/Restore Welcome Screen: This should reset the default GINA in registry.
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.ht...

The Default Windows Logon Interface May Not Appear After Installing Third-Party Program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302346

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell