BIG wireless problem :(

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 19, 2004 8:57:11 PM

I've downloaded Intel ProSet (Software for intel wireless cards). I'm
connected at 1mbs (joy), its reporting that the signal strength is
excellent (100%) but the signal quality is poor (20%). Thats an
interesting piece of info. Doesn't indicate interference or what?

--
goose

More about : big wireless problem

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 19, 2004 8:57:12 PM

"goose" <goose.19nhdn@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in message

> I've downloaded Intel ProSet (Software for intel wireless cards). I'm
> connected at 1mbs (joy), its reporting that the signal strength is
> excellent (100%) but the signal quality is poor (20%). Thats an
> interesting piece of info. Doesn't indicate interference or what?
>

> --
> goose
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

I would say yes.

1) Try another channel on the router - if you can control that. Channels
1,6,11 are non overlapping channels.

2) See if you have a 2.4 Mhz phone and unplug the power to the phone. See
if that makes a difference.

3) IS the PC a laptop or desktop? If a loptop, try moving the laptop
around, with PCMCIA card closest to router (vs. on other side of laptop).
If a desktop card, any ability to move the PC case with card and antenna -
such as put up on a table if now on the floor

Need more info on where is the router relative to your PC.

--
Bob Alston

---