BIG wireless problem :(

I've downloaded Intel ProSet (Software for intel wireless cards). I'm
connected at 1mbs (joy), its reporting that the signal strength is
excellent (100%) but the signal quality is poor (20%). Thats an
interesting piece of info. Doesn't indicate interference or what?

--
goose
More about wireless problem

    "goose" <goose.19nhdn@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in message

    > I've downloaded Intel ProSet (Software for intel wireless cards). I'm
    > connected at 1mbs (joy), its reporting that the signal strength is
    > excellent (100%) but the signal quality is poor (20%). Thats an
    > interesting piece of info. Doesn't indicate interference or what?
    >

    > --
    > goose
    > brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

    I would say yes.

    1) Try another channel on the router - if you can control that. Channels
    1,6,11 are non overlapping channels.

    2) See if you have a 2.4 Mhz phone and unplug the power to the phone. See
    if that makes a difference.

    3) IS the PC a laptop or desktop? If a loptop, try moving the laptop
    around, with PCMCIA card closest to router (vs. on other side of laptop).
    If a desktop card, any ability to move the PC case with card and antenna -
    such as put up on a table if now on the floor

    Need more info on where is the router relative to your PC.

    --
    Bob Alston

    ---

Wireless Intel Wireless Networking