Remote Procedure Call

when I go on line I keep getting a message a saying that the computer is closing down due to a remote procedure call. How can I stop this.
1 answer Last reply
More about remote procedure call

    Hi SJill,

    When the shutdown warning appears, click start/run and enter "shutdown -a"
    to halt the process. It's a virus called blaster or lovesan. Information:

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rpc
    http://www.pchell.com/virus/msblast.shtml
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100499.htm
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html
    http://www.bigblackglasses.com/Article.aspx?Article=342

    You need the patch described here to protect against it:

    MS03-039: A Buffer Overrun in RPCSS Could Allow an Attacker to Run Malicious
    Programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824146

    Problem is, you needed to install the patch BEFORE you got infected to avoid
    it.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "SJill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when I go on line I keep getting a message a saying that the computer is
    > closing down due to a remote procedure call. How can I stop this.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP