SHOULD I DELETE AN UNFRAGMENTABLE FILE?

WHEN I USE DEFRAG SOME ITEMS CANNOT BE DEFRAGGED. HOW DO I KNOW IF I SHOULD DELETE THESE ITEMS? THE LATEST HAS BEEN A FILE CALLED C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_02\LIB\RT.JAR

VIKING10475 wrote:
> WHEN I USE DEFRAG SOME ITEMS CANNOT BE DEFRAGGED. HOW DO I KNOW IF I
> SHOULD DELETE THESE ITEMS? THE LATEST HAS BEEN A FILE CALLED
> C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_02\LIB\RT.JAR

If they cannot be defragged, they are either in use, or on bad sectors. If
they were in use, it would be likely you need the files and they should not
be deleted. Try running defrag after a fresh reboot and after ending all
running applications.
The hard drive does not need to be completely free of fragments to be
working efficiently. Unless the hard drive is severely fragmented, it is
unlikely you will see a difference after a defrag. Modern hard drives have
buffers that compensate for minor to moderate fragmentation.
--

Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

No,I don't think you need delete them!
The item cannot be defraged is usefull yet!

"VIKING10475" <VIKING10475@YAHOO.COM> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ
:E4CCFE91-C79E-4172-924A-6C24679056ED@microsoft.com...
> WHEN I USE DEFRAG SOME ITEMS CANNOT BE DEFRAGGED. HOW DO I KNOW IF I
SHOULD DELETE THESE ITEMS? THE LATEST HAS BEEN A FILE CALLED C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_02\LIB\RT.JAR

yoah...it's could be caus of your caps lock being ON...please turn it off...

---