How do you Patch Dawn Of War?!

samgwise

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Hi, All.
I've been trying to patch dawn of war,
but the furthest I've gotten was updateing it to 1.01
After that the Later patchs refused to work.
I tryed re installing the game and it still doesn't work.
this is really annoying me.

I'm running windows XP pro with service pack 2
amd 2600+ with one gig of ram
6600gt, A7n8x-E mother bored.
2 sata HD one 111 gig and 152 gig both seperate partitions

ps:
I've made sure I've been installing the patches in order

hjohnso2

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I'll try and get back with you on this..I have DOW and DOW Winter Assault but had to take it off my pc a couple of months ago and have been meaning to put it back ever since.

There was one really annoying patch nobody seemed to have that was required I recall. It could have been the 1.01 you were talking about.
If you have that then I would think it should be a pretty easy matter of upgrading using the others?

It could be that the very latest patch they have out there takes in to account all the other ones. Have you tried just getting the very latest and see if that works? I am curious as well.

Too many $%^& patches for that game..they need to make just one and end all the nonesense..I hope they have done that.

hjohnso2

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I checked this out last night after reinstalling DOW and DOW WA..all you need is the DOW 1.41 ( all encompassing ) patch..I got it from FilePlanet

If that gives you problems try uninstalling everything and starting again only using the 1.41 patch. Hope it works.

samgwise

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
thanks man, yeh I ended up finding the 1.01 was a patch I didn't have.
though I had trouble when I went to patch the next computer I wanted to do it on.
I ended up just copieing the patched instialtion from the first PC and then editing the registry file to reflect the changes.
Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS