need help

Hi
I,m trying to install windows xp on my computer but i
lost my 25 digit product key. How can i proceed with the
installation process without it orwhat do u suggest i do.
Thanks

If Windows XP is retail contact Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

If Windows XP is OEM contact the seller, Microsoft may not be able to
help.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

tjbuilds wrote:
> Hi
> I,m trying to install windows xp on my computer but i
> lost my 25 digit product key. How can i proceed with the
> installation process without it orwhat do u suggest i do.
> Thanks

If you can still access the XP installation, you may be able to get the CD
key using th information in the link below.
Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
if using the web based newsgroup.
Find CD Key
http://michaelstevenstech.com/ViewKeyXP.htm
--

Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

be alot more careful in the future......surhope this wasn't in your office
place......your boss would not be thrilled with your lack of
organization.....to say the least...

---

Greetings --

The Product Key is not on the installation CD at all. That would
be rather like storing one's house key in the front door's lock.

The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

To recover a lost Product Key:

If your system still runs, you should be able to use AIDA32
Enterprise from http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php to find the Product
Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and haven't since
reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably of the drive
image used at the factory and not _your_ specific Product Key;
therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not be --
used for a re-installation.)

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact whomever sold you the
PC; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of the
Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy a
new license.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you: