chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I was tweaking my graphics set up and when I played BF2 to my surprise I have some sort of X-ray vision and Im able to see through the hills. I thought my graphics card was broken but I just played along and found a big advantage using the x-ray vision. I am able to kill the snipers and other opponents, because I could see them before they pop out their heads to take a look. It is weird though becuase you can't see the ground but I like the x-ray vision. I got the screen capture.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I was tweaking my cards with the 84.21 driver. I increase the voltage and the frequency from 450 to 500. At first, there was some sort of artifacting every now and then while playing BF2. So I increase more voltage in the bios and attained 501mhz. Then when I played BF2 again, I got the X-ray vision and I could see through the hills and I thought it was some sort of heat problem but I check my temp monitor for the vga and its' running at 60c so it was fine. So I just play along with and actually gained some advantage as well.

As for the answers to your question, I have the settings at maximum at 1280x1024 res. with distance to farthest and 4xAA.

I'll see if I could do it again with a screen shot of enemies next time. I thought it was pretty cool.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Okay heres another screenshot from Karkand map in BF2.

This is the normal view:

Now this is the x-ray view.Notice the trees behind the hill. I could also see the soldiers and vehicles as well.

Another x-ray view with the enemies in sight in Karkand map.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
do you nned x-ray vision to see it :p can't see anything.

:lol: ok you got me and I'm sorry for that. It is an Imageshack photo thingie. I didn't know that not everyone can view it, sorry. Any pics hosting you know about other than Imageshack that would let you able to see it?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I've been playing with it since this morning when I first discover it. Just for fun though and I can of feel guilty for somewhat cheating but I can't help it to be able to see the enemies before they would come out from the corner and anticipate for it. It very good with the sniper kit or throwing grenades where the enemies are hiding. But I have switch back to the normal view to make it even. I can now switch to the X-ray view whenever I feel like it but right now I still prefer the normal game view.

bweir

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
It's a driver issue, most likely. Otherwise, while not exactly cheating, glitch exploitation is frequently a bannable offense on game servers. They call it Glitching, and its the same as being able to shoot through a wall, or walk through a texture. Now if you ignore it and don't abuse it, it's one thing, but if you are racking up a 50 to 1 kill ratio because of it, someone is going to call you out.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well, I've been playing with it when I first found out how to do it. Am I'm racking up lots more points like 15 extra kills from I would normally get. So if this "glitch" is only happening in my card, how would the server know that I'm using this kind of glitch cheat. But I don't use it know becuase the part of it is you cant see the ground and when I get close to an explosion and get disoriented then the screen would go blank except for the people and vehicles. It is pretty wierd. My buddies are trying it by matching the settings I have but it didn't work but only on my graphics card.

But it is not as bad as others. I've shot someone in the face with a sniper rifle 2 times and they did not die. Or some just pass a claymore and detonate it and still lives. I've heard some rumors that some are able to make their characters invisible, bullet proof or can see the opponents in thier mini radar at all times.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah, I know. With the glitch and I'm still able to play at servers with the Punkbuster on! But Im not doing it anymore because I think it is bad for my graphics cards.

Anyways were you able to see them pics I have posted now?