Soltek SL-75DRV2 wont boot

G

I have a Soltek SL-75DRV2 motherboard and I am unable to start up my computer. I had a “blue screen of death?Eand I had to reboot my computer, but when I tried, it didn’t boot up.

I’ve been using this computer I built for a few months with no problems.

When I turn on my computer, my monitor does doesn’t display anything and the speaker inside the computer lets out a long beep every 8 seconds or so. I hear the hard rive spinning and retrieving information, but windows never starts.

What does the beeping signal mean? What is the problem if my system is not starting and all I get is constant beeping every 8 seconds?

I tried my monitor and two hard drives on another system, so I know those all work. I’m thinking it could be my DDR RAM (128 mb of Crucial RAM), CPU (AMD Athlon 1 GHz), or something on the motherboard, like my BIOS. I have no idea what the beep is trying to tell me, so I need some help.

Here are my system specs:

Soltek SL-75DRV2 motherboard
128 MB DDR Crucial memory
AMD Athlon 1 GHz cpu
Geforce3 Ti200 graphics card
Western Digital 20GB hard drive
Quantum Fireball (old) 3GB hard drive
Windows 2000 operating system
SoundBlaster Live sound card

Thanks in advance,
John P.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by deltron on 05/06/02 12:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Have you tried clearing CMOS? Were you changing any settings when you got the BSOF?

If the world didn´t suck, we´d fall off!

G

I was using Kazza and trying to view a movie (.mpg) I was downloading and the BSOD hit me. Now I can't boot up.

How do I go about clearing CMOS then?

Del

BeeRkEG

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I am having the same problem..
I was also using kazaa (I think I had just upgraded to 1.7.1) when it happened.
But the board was also reporting my memory wrong..
Now it crashes during the boot up of winXP
and also crashes if I try to boot into the winXP cd.