kt333 motherboards

G

The KT333 chipset has been around for about 2 or 3 months now and most of the reviews I have been able to find on the internet are about 2 months old. I was wondering if anyone had a reccomendations for performance or good or bad experiences with a KT333 based motherboard.

Important features are Firewire, USB 2.0, ATA133, LAN, and onboard SCSI if it exists. Sound is NOT important.

Thanks

NialM

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
I have been buying ASUS boards for years now and was planning on getting the A7V333. But then I heard that the form factor was a little "off". I also did not like the looks of the layout. I opted for the MSI KT3 Ultra ARU and I am realy glad I did.

-N-

<b><font color=blue>Paramedics - Does this mean there is always two of them ?</font color=blue></b>

G

MSI kt3 ulta aru has an issue with not being able to run at 133mhz fsb. I have experienced it an according to several others is MSI's own tech support forum, so have others.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well i guess u can forget the epox then :)
great overclocking, but no usb2 or lan

Today on Toms: Trisexual hamsters, anal applications of peanut butter and Marrage councilling!

G

Could you be more specific as to what you mean by the Asus board being a "little off?" I have their new 333 board, and I'm about to throw it off a cliff, I'm so frustrated. It keeps shutting down the entire system every few minutes, even though the CPU temperature is well-below threshlold. I have the MSI board you mention, but haven't opened it, as I was about to take it back, but I'd love to hear if you still like it as much as you did when you posted.

Any input you could give would be appreciated.

Ron

NialM

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
Could you be more specific as to what you mean by the Asus board being a "little off?"

I was told the arrangement of the audio, com ports etc was not completely compliant with the ATX form factor (they desided to re arrange the layout) and you needed to get a special plate for the back of your PC. I also heard that the CPU placement was not the best.

I was holding out for the ASUS when building my new PC, but was told I would have to wait a few more weeks to get one. That’s when I opted for the MSI. VERY glad I did. (This was before many others had one and all the other complains started coming out) It is a better board. Comes out on top of the list in any comparisons I have read (I believe Tom did one too).

I have had no trouble at all with the system. I have all new hardware (cutting edge) and not one hiccup. The RAID 133 works great too. I would recommend keeping the MSI and turfing the ASUS.

<A HREF="http://www.nialm.com/rig.htm" target="_new">Here</A> is a link to my system specs.

-N-

<b><font color=blue>Paramedics - Does this mean there is always two of them ?</font color=blue></b>

NialM

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
------------------------------------------------------------
MSI kt3 ulta aru has an issue with not being able to run at 133mhz fsb. I have experienced it an according to several others is MSI's own tech support forum, so have others.
------------------------------------------------------------

Um.......I'm running at 133 - no problem. What happens when you try to run at 133 ?

-N-