BHD Team Sabre Sound Issue

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi There,
I'm hoping this isn't a repetitive question but my partner and I would love
a solution if there is one out there.
We've recently installed Black Hawk Down and Black Hawk Down Team Sabre. The
issue we have is that there is a delay in sound when he is playing TS. We've
been to the website and one solution was to fiddle with the audio hardware
acceleration (which we did but no success as the problem resolution).

He has a Asus MB and a TI graphics card and creative soundblaster 5.1
soundcard (latest Dirextx9 installed as well).
Everything else works fine with the exception of BHD TS. Could anyone help
with a solution to this problem as I'm sure it's more than likely a really
basic and simple correction we have to make.

Thanks In advance
Linda

Jambo

Distinguished
May 17, 2003

Linda :-Þ wrote:
> Hi There,
> I'm hoping this isn't a repetitive question but my partner and I would love
> a solution if there is one out there.
> We've recently installed Black Hawk Down and Black Hawk Down Team Sabre. The
> issue we have is that there is a delay in sound when he is playing TS. We've
> been to the website and one solution was to fiddle with the audio hardware
> acceleration (which we did but no success as the problem resolution).
>
> He has a Asus MB and a TI graphics card and creative soundblaster 5.1
> soundcard (latest Dirextx9 installed as well).
> Everything else works fine with the exception of BHD TS. Could anyone help
> with a solution to this problem as I'm sure it's more than likely a really
> basic and simple correction we have to make.
>
> Thanks In advance
> Linda

I found a similar problem when I installed Microsofts "critical" update
to DX9 - KB839643, each sound was about 1s after something happened ...
useful when folks creep up and knive u!

hth
Jambo