What mobo do you recommend?

Milkman

Distinguished
May 6, 2002
In the next month or so, I am going to build a dual athlon Tbred system. I was wondering what mobo you guys recommend. I was thinking either Asus or MSI, or if you know of any dualie boards I sould wait for. Thanks

-Milk

FatBurger

Illustrious
I haven't heard of anything new coming out. All the mobo makers (except Tyan) were waiting for the 760MPX chipset. I don't know if Abit, Gigabyte or Epox are coming out with boards though, those might be worth waiting for if they are.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,

It would be most helpful in your post if you mentioned what/why you need a Dual CPU Mobo. What kind of software you are going to run, system use(Server, Hardcore gamer, whatever).

It might also be better to wait until the Thoroughbreds are released first. I have not seen any mobo's claiming to be made for any Thoroughbreds single or dual, so it would be hard to recommend a mobo based on experience or reviews.

By "dual athlon Tbred" do you really mean Dual Athlon MP?

As far as Dual Athlon MP mobo's go, both the MSI K7D Master & Asus A7M266D look like good choices. If you are not a "end-user", I would go with the Asus mobo. If you are just a end-user, I would get the MSI mobo. The reason is Asus makes the best quality mobos out there, but doesn't give a Jack unless you are a OEM, so forget about tech support........not that anybody really has "great" tech support these days. Good Luck

Peace Out.............tile

Just waiting for the next "Big" thing like everyone else?