RR

How does XP Home perform on a Dell Optiplex GX 110 Pentium 3, 533 Mhz with a 13.6 GB hard drive

Yes.

Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Home Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation/sysreqs.asp

Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| How does XP Home perform on a Dell Optiplex GX 110 Pentium 3, 533 Mhz with a 13.6 GB hard drive

Get plenty of ram 256 or better

"RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does XP Home perform on a Dell Optiplex GX 110 Pentium 3, 533 Mhz
with a 13.6 GB hard drive

papa

Not very well, I'm afraid, but it will run.

"RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does XP Home perform on a Dell Optiplex GX 110 Pentium 3, 533 Mhz
with a 13.6 GB hard drive

think about an upgrade in hardware...

---

Greetings --

Very Slowly.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does XP Home perform on a Dell Optiplex GX 110 Pentium 3, 533
> Mhz with a 13.6 GB hard drive

I've got XP Pro with a Pentium II 450 MHZ and mine runs fine.
How much RAM do ya have? The more the better!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:C1B1C7D8-23E6-4729-9B3E-6350F6E0F803@microsoft.com,
RR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> How does XP Home perform on a Dell Optiplex GX 110 Pentium 3, 533 Mhz
> with a 13.6 GB hard drive

What are your needs? If you are not into heavy gaming or heavy photo editing
then you will have little problem with XP on a PIII 533. Make certain you
have at least 256 MB RAM and it should run nicely to surf the net, e-mail,
wordprocess, and do other basic computing tasks. Turn off the eye candy
through System Properties->Advanced Tab->Performance settings. And disable
Indexing through the Hard Drive->Properties->uncheck indexing.

People will tell you that it will run slowly but that is in direct
proportion to what their needs and expectations are. I have a P4, 2.6GHz
with 1GB DDR 400 PC-3200. There are people who will tell you that XP runs
slowly on my system ;-)
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does XP Home perform on a Dell Optiplex GX 110 Pentium 3, 533 Mhz
> with a 13.6 GB hard drive

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message news:%23UylpHQIEHA.3224@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> I have a P4, 2.6GHz
> with 1GB DDR 400 PC-3200. There are people who will tell you that XP runs
> slowly on my system ;-)

LOL! If someone stated that your system is slow (though it isn't far away from being that of the fastest RAM available), I would say they are nuts! I have a P4 3.4HT, 2gs of PC 4000 DDR SDRAM, ASUS MOBO with 5 IDE, and 2 SATA channels, 1-1394a port along with two 120g SATA HDDs with a 256meg ATI 9800 XT Vid card, and this thing rocks!

"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message

>> I have a P4, 2.6GHz
>> with 1GB DDR 400 PC-3200. There are people who will tell you that XP runs
>> slowly on my system ;-)

>LOL! If someone stated that your system is slow (though it isn't far away
from being that of the fastest RAM available), I would say they are nuts! I
>have a P4 3.4HT, 2gs of PC 4000 DDR SDRAM, ASUS MOBO with 5 IDE, and 2
SATA channels, 1-1394a port along with two 120g SATA >HDDs with a 256meg ATI
9800 XT Vid card, and this thing rocks!

It takes at least 2 eye blinks to load most apps and some people might like
to only blink once. I guess my point is that no matter what your system
specs are there is someone who will see it as being too slow.

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

papa

> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>
> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
>
> >> I have a P4, 2.6GHz
> >> with 1GB DDR 400 PC-3200. There are people who will tell you that XP
runs
> >> slowly on my system ;-)
>
> >LOL! If someone stated that your system is slow (though it isn't far away
> from being that of the fastest RAM available), I would say they are nuts!
> >have a P4 3.4HT, 2gs of PC 4000 DDR SDRAM, ASUS MOBO with 5 IDE, and 2
> SATA channels, 1-1394a port along with two 120g SATA >HDDs with a 256meg
ATI
> 9800 XT Vid card, and this thing rocks!
>
> It takes at least 2 eye blinks to load most apps and some people might
like
> to only blink once. I guess my point is that no matter what your system
> specs are there is someone who will see it as being too slow.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn - MS MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

Reminds me of my wife ;>)

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message news:Os6fsmWIEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>
> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
>
> >> I have a P4, 2.6GHz
> >> with 1GB DDR 400 PC-3200. There are people who will tell you that XP runs
> >> slowly on my system ;-)
>
> >LOL! If someone stated that your system is slow (though it isn't far away
> from being that of the fastest RAM available), I would say they are nuts! I
> >have a P4 3.4HT, 2gs of PC 4000 DDR SDRAM, ASUS MOBO with 5 IDE, and 2
> SATA channels, 1-1394a port along with two 120g SATA >HDDs with a 256meg ATI
> 9800 XT Vid card, and this thing rocks!
>
> It takes at least 2 eye blinks to load most apps and some people might like
> to only blink once. I guess my point is that no matter what your system
> specs are there is someone who will see it as being too slow.

True! Maybe we should (re)demonstrate to those who are never satisfied, the days of the 8086 processor with 64kRAM :)