Is the chronological order in San Andreas messedup or what?

redkangavoosa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
In GTA III, you have Catalina as your GF (you play this white guy) and she betrays you at the beginning of the game. The year's like aroundthe 1960s or 1970s. Then, some years later in San Andreas (1992), You have some missions for Catalina, and Catalina's just met the character you play as in GTA III. WTF is wrong with the chronological order in the GTA series? :?

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
What makes you think GTAIII is set in the 1960/1970s? From the cars and soundtrack I assumed it was set roughly mid-nineties , which would tie-in with the timing (GTA:SA is set in the early nineties).

PS The character you play in GTAIII is Tommy Vercetti.

redkangavoosa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
All right, first of all the date on the back of the CD box says that the game is set in the 1970s (The box exactly says on the back that "Liberty City-1970, the worst place in America" or something like that). Second of all, The San Andreas walkthrough says like the character in GTA III is NOT Tommy Vercetti (character from Vice City). I can prove it here: http://www.gtasanandreas.net/characters/

PS: The character's name in GTA III is Claude Speed

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
I stand corrected! I got the names confused - Tommy Vercetti is indeed in Vice City, cos I can now remember the mission where your character is breaking windows shouting "my name is Tommy Vercetti", whereas your character in GTAIII doesn't say anything (in GTA:SA Catalina jokes about this)