digital camera installation

I am trying to install an olympus camera to xp it has a serial port connector, I can open it through the camedia software that came with it , but I cant open it through any other software on xp, photo imp,or my computer, or with scanner and camera wizard, it says the camer is not communicating or is turned off, I get a twain error, any suggestions are appreciated cant get any help through microsoft or Dell, without paying for it
3 answers Last reply
More about digital camera installation

    forget that direct stuff...use a card reader...faster and safer....

    ---

    When you mentioned connecting to a serial port, are you referring to USB,
    and if so, is it version 2?

    "lpisme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to install an olympus camera to xp it has a serial port
    connector, I can open it through the camedia software that came with it ,
    but I cant open it through any other software on xp, photo imp,or my
    computer, or with scanner and camera wizard, it says the camer is not
    communicating or is turned off, I get a twain error, any suggestions are
    appreciated cant get any help through microsoft or Dell, without paying for
    it

    Try this Newsgroup, they will probably know.
    >rec.photo.digital<
    Hope this helps.

    --
    Regards
    p.mc

    For personal replies please leave or type signature
    "p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
    posts will not be received.
    Thanks

    "lpisme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to install an olympus camera to xp it has a serial port
    connector, I can open it through the camedia software that came with it ,
    but I cant open it through any other software on xp, photo imp,or my
    computer, or with scanner and camera wizard, it says the camer is not
    communicating or is turned off, I get a twain error, any suggestions are
    appreciated cant get any help through microsoft or Dell, without paying for
    it

Cameras Microsoft Windows XP