digital camera installation

April 12, 2004 6:16:06 PM

I am trying to install an olympus camera to xp it has a serial port connector, I can open it through the camedia software that came with it , but I cant open it through any other software on xp, photo imp,or my computer, or with scanner and camera wizard, it says the camer is not communicating or is turned off, I get a twain error, any suggestions are appreciated cant get any help through microsoft or Dell, without paying for it
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 10:54:02 PM

forget that direct stuff...use a card reader...faster and safer....

---
April 13, 2004 12:25:16 AM

When you mentioned connecting to a serial port, are you referring to USB,
and if so, is it version 2?

"lpisme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to install an olympus camera to xp it has a serial port
connector, I can open it through the camedia software that came with it ,
but I cant open it through any other software on xp, photo imp,or my
computer, or with scanner and camera wizard, it says the camer is not
communicating or is turned off, I get a twain error, any suggestions are
appreciated cant get any help through microsoft or Dell, without paying for
it
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 2:56:06 AM

Try this Newsgroup, they will probably know.
>rec.photo.digital<
Hope this helps.

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

!