Kapow! Bam! Comic Book Creator Hits the Strip

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
You don't have to be Frank Miller or Moebius to make your own comic book these days, thanks to Planetwide Games. The company's new self-publishing software, Comic Book Creator, gives users the ability to design and publish their own customized and personalized digital comics using everything from game screenshots, photos and digital art. TwitchGuru opens up Comic Book Creator to see what's really on the strip.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think the point is that it's a simplified comic book creator. Sure you could photoshop it, but half of the job of utilities are to cut corners like that :wink: And this belongs here because it's a review of a product relevant to TwitchGuru.

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
where else would it be. dammit i sound like a THG fanboy. all i do is defend these article against people who obviously think they should be the editor in chief. the view i take and so should you if you have half a brain is that i am not the only reader,

all inall please don't question the journo's due to your personal tastes in what you want to read.

Now that was rather uncalled for wasn’t it? 8O 8O I did not make a claim that I want to be the editor in chief or something. It’s just that recently there is a shortage of new interesting hardware articles. Careful you are starting to sound like MMM. :p

I think my question was justified and Aaron corrected me in his post. Me bad! Didn’t really consider what twitchguru is about. I stand corrected. Sorry about that Aaron! :(

Anyway the first part was relevant. “What does this do that you can’t do with any (decent) imaging program?” :?

IMO i have no interest in server components but toms has just done a preview article on intels new offering. that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been posted it just means it is of no relevance to me.

This is tomsHARDWARE so anything PC hardware related goes and I guess there is no topic more related to PC hardware than a new processor from Intel.

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
What I meant is the investigative type of journalism that I’ve been reading all these years at tom’s for the last few years (sorry if I’m coming a bit strongly here but I’m too a fanboy of Toms and would like to see toms keep its numero uno status :D )
Not of the type of reporting new stuff in the market (also needed but would like 2 see more of the other stuff- P3, AMD frying MB sort of stuff )

On the other hand the lack of stuff like the P3 issue could mean that things are getting better in the IT industry (one can only hope) :(

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Mhm. Looking at the article schedule at the moment, we usually do three articles a day - today we have two exceptionally long ones, as well. We cover a lot of bases in a week, and on some days we almost have more articles than we have room for (nearly did that last week, had to hit the brakes pretty hard and I was reduced to logging every new top story on a piece of paper to keep track...)