What whould be best for XP1900?

G

I'm going to buy this processor maybe ten days from now and I really need advices for one good motherboard for this processor for maximum performace. Also I'm going to buy an geforce4 ti4400 maybe an ti4600 for games! Does anyone knows an very nice motherboard whith kt333 chipset? I whish to know if you guys can post here about where can I find nice reviews comparing all these chipsets motherboards to make an best decision! I want an mobo whith firewire and usb2.0! Sound onboard I dont need, sblivemp3 is enought :)

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
weird.. i'm looking for exactly the same setup for my new pc... Anyway, the soltek SL-75drv5 and the Epox 8k3a are pretty good kt333 boards although they do not have firewire or usb 2. The epox board is good for overclocking while the soltek feature a lot of neat features (like purple PCB, an alarm for when the cpu gets too hot, etc.)

Jesus may save, but <i>I</i> invest.

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If your not going to do extreme overclocking then get the msi kt3 ultra aru. It has a red pcb, kt333 chipset,5.1 channel digital out,4 usb 2.0 ports,4 usb 1.1 ports promise ata133 raid controller. It overclocks well and performs great with the right ram(cas2 pc2700). It has alot of ram,agp,cpu tweaks to up performance if your gear can handle the settings. But if you just want something cheap(unexpensive) get the epox.

If you ever stop learning, YOU'ER DEAD!!

G

Thanks a lot I really wonder if firewire is that usefull, I don't own an digital camera or video recorder! But usb 2.0 is really interesting, I realy need it, for future releases like external CDRW or external HD, stuff like that! I'm not looking forward to overclock this future board, just one regular user! ;)
Overall kt333 the MSI and epox is that good? I read the article(here at tom's) about kt333 x kt266a and sometimes on benchmark MSI didn't get pretty well. But in another hardware test home page it shows that MSI and Gigabyte boards get highest scores for benchmarks! Now I'm more confused than ever!!!!!! Please help me!

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can't go by just one benchmark on one site. You have to get a few and see the plus and minuses of each board. Then decide which one will fit your needs(or wants).
As far as stabiliry and speed, I'll never use anything else but msi,
Also, Dont get cas2.5 and expext it to beat the kt266 w/cas2. Your going to have to run it at cas2 and hwc+33.

If you ever stop learning, YOU'ER DEAD!!

G

Thanks! It's realy confusing to see so many sites with benchmarks because I'm not familiarized whith them! I don't kwow which ones I can trust... Could someone please help me? Pls post reviews here, the links and stuff!