Gigabyte GA-7VRXP Power Mgmnt Problem

G

Greetings, I'm new here.

I have a problem that perhaps you could help me. I just bought Mobo Gigabyte GA-7VRXP, Athlon XP1800+, and 512MB/PC2700. The problem here is: each time I unplug the power cable, the system won't boot again the next time I plug back the power cable. The system will eventually boot after I cycle the power quickly. I use a plug with switch. I switch the plug off and immediately turn back on. I know this is extremely not healthy but it works. Do you know what to do to prevent this? Perhaps I did something wrong in the bios setting? FYI, when the system runs, everything is great....very stable. I would say I love this Gigabyte board if not of this problem.

Please help, and sorry for my bad english.

cxl6909

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
I use this mb and it's stable enough. I got 450 w PS.

Personal think...you have a power supply problem not your mainbaord bios setting. By the way, what kind of powerSupply and how much watt because I know some powerSupply causing it. If possible for you, please list all components of your computer for us to review.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
when you say "won't boot" do the fans/hard drives spin up, but you get no signal on the video, etc? If so will it "boot" if you hit the reset switch? If thats the case, thats a common problem which has to do with timing of the power supply on power up.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

G

Yes, everything works, the fans/hard disks are all working, but no signal to the monitor. So.. Do I have to change the power supply?

Added: The system still sleeps even after I hit the main power button or reset button.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xanathar on 05/07/02 05:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Well, I am in the office currently. I have to check the power supply later, but I remember that I have 300Watt power supply.