activating my windows XP

I recently purcased win xp and I didn't run activation during setup ..now activation wizard doesn't run at all even msoobe.exe or regsrv32 .exe ..also i find no icon for actination wizard on system tools programs..I need also to know how to get my product of windows XP ID NUMBER as I only have the key letters of my CD..thanks.

nonnosh wrote:
> I recently purcased win xp and I didn't run activation during setup
> ..now activation wizard doesn't run at all even msoobe.exe or
> regsrv32 .exe ..also i find no icon for actination wizard on system
> tools programs..I need also to know how to get my product of windows
> XP ID NUMBER as I only have the key letters of my CD..thanks.

Product ID is found on the General tab of System Properties
[Winkey+Pause/Break] under Registered to:.

Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
More info on XP activation.
http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm
--

Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP