lost partition

I moved my hard drive to a new motherdoard and lost my xp
partition.
How can I get it back or format the whole drive?

Hi,

Boot your WinXP CD and run setup, see if it detects the existing
installation. If so, it should offer to repair it.

Otherwise, recheck your jumper settings and cabling, as well as the BIOS
detection settings. Your system may not be detecting it correctly. If it is
an ATA66 or higher drive, make sure that you are using an 80 wire cable, and
not an older 40 wire one.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"drb (thatsme) @jeffersonohio.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:18ef001c42134$cfa85cb0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I moved my hard drive to a new motherdoard and lost my xp
> partition.
> How can I get it back or format the whole drive?

you prob did something wring in the wiring...get someone who knows what they
are really doing to correct if for you.....do nor attmplt it yourself...you
will further complicate it....OK....

---