gameplay extremely fast (something wrong)

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
does anyone get this problem where when playing a game it suddenly becomes really fast, i mean, faster than its original speed?
does anyone know how to fic the problem?

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
does anyone get this problem where when playing a game it suddenly becomes really fast, i mean, faster than its original speed?

yep its called walking into a small room/corridor, and having vsync turned off.
i get this all the time in ut2004, when my fps goes from 88 to over 100 when i enter a building or small area with not alot of stuff init.

edit

and to solve your problem just enable vsync in the games that do it, set it in the profile for that game in the nvidia control panel.

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006

i get this all the time in ut2004, when my fps goes from 88 to over 100 when i enter a building or small area with not alot of stuff init.

edit

and to solve your problem just enable vsync in the games that do it, set it in the profile for that game in the nvidia control panel.

do what he says!!!

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006

edit

My vsync is enable all the time in the nvidia control panel, wouldnt that also mean it is automatically enabled in the game?

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
ok i just tried tomb raider legend today and it also has the same (speeding up) problem. Do you think it might be from the nvidia driver...i have 84.25 , which one do you guys recommend for stable gameplay?

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
i just downloaded the 84.37 driver and everything is back to normal, seems like it was a driver problem!
thanks to all who replied to me and tried to help!