Is my IP address safe??

April 13, 2004 11:31:40 PM

I have been playing an online game and been banned (the reasons will remain
my secret - perhaps!)
The administrators of the game (self appointed, no democracy) claim they
have banned my IP address.

My question is this: how can they find my IP address when I run Zone Alarm
and besides, I thought I would register a different IP address on each
login? I am concerned about this because I wonder if there is a "hole" that
hackers can get into.

I use an ISDN dial up connection (128kpbs for those non UK readers) and XP
Home.

Any tips on bypassing this ban I'm under would also be gratefully received,
oh in that case I'd better tell you why I got banned! I swore a bit after
getting drunk and beaten! Now I've apologised, so don't any of you (Yes Kim
Kuttral!) come back and get all self righteous on me! Besides which, there
shouldn't have been anyone on there under 13 years, ie an adult in todays
terms!

Ian

---

More about : address safe