Sign in with
Your question

how much electricity does pc consume?

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2002 9:03:35 PM

hi i just made a new computer using dual fan 420W power unit and a big volcano 7 cpu fan. this thing is so loud it' s giving me nightmares..... would anybody know just how much electricity these things consume? perhaps compared to a tv or vcr? and this volcano fan claimed on the package that it's quiet but it's nothing but that so don't get fooled like i did!

s

More about : electricity consume

May 9, 2002 4:43:50 AM

for high end PC's a fair amount,
most going to the monitor, agp card and especially CPU.

if you want to know how much u can get some device that measures all that

Today on Toms: Trisexual hamsters, anal applications of peanut butter and Marrage councilling!
May 9, 2002 12:39:18 PM

I just put together a system with a Soyo Dragon +/Athlon 1900+. It runs as nice as I hoped, the only problem is the Thermaltake Dragon Orb 3 A1135 is really loud too. I feel like I need to put in earplugs to get near the thing. The fan actually sounds like its going to take off, the high pitch whirring noise is annoying. On the brighter side, the cpu is running at a stable 35-37C even after several hours of playing games. Anybody got any ideas of a good fan/heatsink that will both keep the system cool and not produce the level of noise my Dragon Orb does?
May 13, 2002 2:56:38 PM

Yo Raist,

Try this before you chuck that Dragon Orb!

I recently built a system with Tt's SuperMiniOrb and I had the same problem. What I did was I took a couple of rubber bands (1/3" wide, like the ones the Postal Service use for junk mail) and put them around the heatsink.

Make sure they're snug but not too tight. It might not quiet it down a lot but the "turbine" effect should disappear.

vagabond

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!
!