msi kt3 fsb 100mhz only

G

Last week I got the MSI kt3 ultra aru mobo so that I could take advantage of the kt333 chip set features. well guess what? It will only work at a fsb of 100mhz, which is fine if I were using a Duron, but I'm NOT. I paid goood money for my XP 2000+ cpu and to have it run at a speed of 1250mhz is to say the least---frustrating;{

On MSI's web based forum I found several others with the same issue. MSI suggests replacement of the mobo with another one.

So I call the local (45 minutes away is local in nc) shop where i purchased it, they wanted my whole system to prove it was the mobo. They are keeping it a day. I know I'm not A+cert, but come on. Well whats time any way.
Rant....Rant....Rant
I know ""SHUT UP ALREADY""

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL

read your motherboard manual.
somewhere on your motherboard will be a simple jumper for 100 ro 133 fsb operation.
switch it over.

Today on Toms: Trisexual hamsters, anal applications of peanut butter and Marrage councilling!

aikman

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2002
I have the same mobo. See manual page 3-28. You can set FSB clock anywhere from 100 to 240.

(Edited May 16th)
Actually, not quite the same (not ARU), and I remembered the FSB range incorretly (100 to 220). But I think config's the same, anyway.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by aikman on 05/16/02 06:16 AM.</EM></FONT></P>