Memory access

a b } Memory
April 13, 2004 7:01:19 PM

On start up of my PC I receive a message as follows:

Memory access violation
Module kernel 32 7591:81435268

How can I fix this proplem?
Thank you for your support.
Richard Weston
notsew@sc.rr.com
4/13/2004 6:01pm edt

More about : memory access

Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 13, 2004 10:26:27 PM

Check what programs you have running on boot up, using msconfig startup tab.
Turn them all off reboot and see if the problem is gone. Then turn them back
on one at a time, till you find the misbehaving program.

When did the problem start...?

"Richard Weston" <notsew@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
> On start up of my PC I receive a message as follows:
>
> Memory access violation
> Module kernel 32 7591:81435268
>
> How can I fix this proplem?
> Thank you for your support.
> Richard Weston
> notsew@sc.rr.com
> 4/13/2004 6:01pm edt
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 14, 2004 9:02:47 PM

The last time I saw that message it was the SWEN Virus.
Go to Symantec site and download the removal tool. Sorry
down't have the links on this computer.

Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 15, 2004 7:25:58 PM

Richard,

Your system seems to be affected by Gibe.c / Swen virus. See:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

Error Description:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Following error occured:
Memory access violation in module kernel32 at %random.memory.address%

NOTE: %random.memory.address% is a variable, it's one of the following strings

0167:0faffd9c
0167:bff7a138
0167:0ab38e9f
0167:e12c93ff