Memory access

On start up of my PC I receive a message as follows:

Memory access violation
Module kernel 32 7591:81435268

How can I fix this proplem?
Thank you for your support.
Richard Weston
notsew@sc.rr.com
4/13/2004 6:01pm edt
3 answers Last reply
More about memory access

    Check what programs you have running on boot up, using msconfig startup tab.
    Turn them all off reboot and see if the problem is gone. Then turn them back
    on one at a time, till you find the misbehaving program.

    When did the problem start...?

    "Richard Weston" <notsew@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > On start up of my PC I receive a message as follows:
    >
    > Memory access violation
    > Module kernel 32 7591:81435268
    >
    > How can I fix this proplem?
    > Thank you for your support.
    > Richard Weston
    > notsew@sc.rr.com
    > 4/13/2004 6:01pm edt

    The last time I saw that message it was the SWEN Virus.
    Go to Symantec site and download the removal tool. Sorry
    down't have the links on this computer.

    Richard,

    Your system seems to be affected by Gibe.c / Swen virus. See:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe.c@mm.html

    Error Description:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Following error occured:
    Memory access violation in module kernel32 at %random.memory.address%

    NOTE: %random.memory.address% is a variable, it's one of the following strings

    0167:0faffd9c
    0167:bff7a138
    0167:0ab38e9f
    0167:e12c93ff

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    "Richard Weston" <notsew@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1951501c421a2$d99f70a0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    On start up of my PC I receive a message as follows:

    Memory access violation
    Module kernel 32 7591:81435268

    How can I fix this proplem?
    Thank you for your support.