Motherboard Install - Help !

G

I have just purchased a new Gigabyte GA-7VTXH+ motherboard and installed it. However when I power up nothing happens. I get an LED lit up on the motherboard but nothing else, the power supply fan doesn't spin either.
I have disconnected all comms leads to drives and removed the video card but nothing is still happening. The board is only connected to a brand new XP1800 and a single 256MB DDR PC2100 stick.

Can anyone please offer any help ?

Thanks

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
do you have the fan on the heat sink plugged into the "FAN1" or "CPU" fan power plug on the motherboard? Some boards won't power up if they don't sense the plug on the proper one.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

G

Hi,

I don't think that it is even getting that far!
I have tested the processor, memory and video card on another rig and all work perfectly!

Even though the LED is lighting up on the mobo it seems completely dead. Do you think that it may be faulty or can you think of anything else that I could try? Gigabytes support site is not very good!

Thanks again

axeman44004

Distinguished
May 9, 2002
Try testing the power supply on another rig. Make sure the motherboard isn't shorting out anywhere (make sure it's properly mounted.) Try reversing the polarity on the on/off swith and reset wires. Make sure all fans are in the appropiate slots. Make sure all add in's are seated good and all ribbon cables and power cables are properly attached. make sure the jumpers on your drives are set correctly. Make sure all motherboard jumpers are configured correctly, especially for the memory if they're any.

G

I'm pretty sure I know what this is, I recently had it happen to me, is the back of the motherboard touching the metal case at all? If so it wont do anything but turn on a little light on the motherboard, remounting the motherboard correctly should fix the problem.

-Mark