URGANT MOTHERBOARD HELP!

G

I bought a AK31A motherboard, I installed it in my new case, although i accidentally had one end of the board sityting up against the metal on the case with out relizing it. It didn't turn on after several tries, so I decided to give a different power supply a try, even though it was only 250watts and old, it worked fine, but the power supply smelled relally, bad(keep in mind it was onld and had been laying on my closet floor). Well it started the fans and stuff up, but becuz the power supply smelled like it was burning or something, i quickly turned it off, I then though it was my other power supply that wasn't working, then I decided to remount my motherboard, and i put it in there correctly so it wasn't touching the metal case this time. It worked, the bios came up, and I will alter install windows. Although I just want to make sure this shouldn't have caused any damage to my motherboard, just becuz i was too stupid to check if one whole side was up against the case... Well anyways please respond if you have any information on this... I need to know quickly as it has a very short warenty on it!

-Mark

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
I have no idea, if it all appears to be working ok now, well, there shouldnt have been any damaged caused i would think. I might be wrong though, who knows, put it through some stress tests and see how it handles.

<b>What was that!</b> :eek: