Dimension 3000

How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
Thinking about getting one.
Thanks Johnny
6 answers Last reply
More about dimension 3000

    get the 4700 instead.
    the price difference is usually about $50 and well worth the difference.
    you get high speed ddr2 memory, high speed sata hard drives, and better
    video options. wait for a sale or better pricing then dell has right now.

    "Johnny" <candj01@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
    > Thinking about getting one.
    > Thanks Johnny
    >
    >\

    For an entry level PC, they're very good. They use shared memory, so do not
    get one with less than 512MB. They use integrated video, so they are
    completely useless for any serious gaming.

    I'd consider the 5100 first.

    Tom

    Watch out for the metal fronds near the peripheral card slots on the
    case. If you're pulling up on a card they can slice into your hand
    like a large syringe. Very nasty.

    Dan

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:26:05 GMT, "Johnny" <candj01@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
    >Thinking about getting one.
    >Thanks Johnny

    They're fine for basic office tasks like document preparation and editing,
    spreadsheets, internet access. If you do tasks which tax the computer more
    heavily, consider a model with a dedicated graphics card, not on-board video.

    No matter what, get a system with at least 512MB. Anything less and the system
    will huff and puff while running an ever more bloated Windows... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:26:05 GMT, "Johnny" <candj01@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
    >Thinking about getting one.
    >Thanks Johnny

    > Watch out for the metal fronds near the peripheral card slots on the

    Ohh that made me shudder. I slit my finger open very badly trying to get one
    of those things out...

    Rob.

    One of my recurring fantasies in recent years is to have the people who design
    these computer chassis working as hardware repair techs for maybe 90 days. Then
    they would be able to see what sorts of monstrosities they have designed. If a
    chassis does not slice and dice your hands with its sharp metal, then it
    requires three hands to pry off the cover, or the rosetta stone to figure out
    how to disassemble it. And for this, Dell, HP and others make you pay for their
    programs to become certified computer jocks or whatever... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:25:57 +0000 (UTC), "Rob Nicholson"
    <rob.nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com> wrote:

    >> Watch out for the metal fronds near the peripheral card slots on the
    >
    >Ohh that made me shudder. I slit my finger open very badly trying to get one
    >of those things out...
    >
    >Rob.

Dell Dimension Computers