Dimension 3000

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
September 24, 2005 1:26:05 AM

How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
Thinking about getting one.
Thanks Johnny

More about : dimension 3000

Anonymous
September 24, 2005 1:26:06 AM

get the 4700 instead.
the price difference is usually about $50 and well worth the difference.
you get high speed ddr2 memory, high speed sata hard drives, and better
video options. wait for a sale or better pricing then dell has right now.

Johnny wrote:

> How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
> Thinking about getting one.
> Thanks Johnny

Anonymous
September 24, 2005 2:21:21 AM

"Johnny" <candj01@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
> Thinking about getting one.
> Thanks Johnny
>
>\

For an entry level PC, they're very good. They use shared memory, so do not
get one with less than 512MB. They use integrated video, so they are
completely useless for any serious gaming.

I'd consider the 5100 first.

Tom
Related resources
September 24, 2005 5:38:59 AM

Watch out for the metal fronds near the peripheral card slots on the
case. If you're pulling up on a card they can slice into your hand
like a large syringe. Very nasty.

Dan

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:26:05 GMT, "Johnny" <candj01@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
>Thinking about getting one.
>Thanks Johnny

Anonymous
September 24, 2005 7:17:56 AM

They're fine for basic office tasks like document preparation and editing,
spreadsheets, internet access. If you do tasks which tax the computer more
heavily, consider a model with a dedicated graphics card, not on-board video.

No matter what, get a system with at least 512MB. Anything less and the system
will huff and puff while running an ever more bloated Windows... Ben Myers

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:26:05 GMT, "Johnny" <candj01@mindspring.com> wrote:

>How good are the Dimension 3000 PC?
>Thinking about getting one.
>Thanks Johnny

Anonymous
September 26, 2005 3:25:57 PM

> Watch out for the metal fronds near the peripheral card slots on the

Ohh that made me shudder. I slit my finger open very badly trying to get one
of those things out...

Rob.
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 4:12:33 PM

One of my recurring fantasies in recent years is to have the people who design
these computer chassis working as hardware repair techs for maybe 90 days. Then
they would be able to see what sorts of monstrosities they have designed. If a
chassis does not slice and dice your hands with its sharp metal, then it
requires three hands to pry off the cover, or the rosetta stone to figure out
how to disassemble it. And for this, Dell, HP and others make you pay for their
programs to become certified computer jocks or whatever... Ben Myers

!