I WANT ANOTHER GAME LIKE F.E.A.R

shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
i jus finished FEAR earlier today and i totally loved it, is there any other games besides half life2 andstuff that r similar to FEAR as in graphics and theme of the game (som horror but som great action)

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I have to agree, Far Cry is still one of my all time favorite single player games (the multiplayer isn't so hot IMO). I like it because it isn't linear and you can approach any given situation from multiple different angles.

Preecher

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection was pretty good IMHO too. Not as good as HL2 or Far Cry but I would put it in the same family.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Don't worry for next year the new games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would be somewhat similar to that of F.E.A.R. As for now Quake 4, Doom 3, Far Cry and Half Life would be about as good.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I can agree to all of those except for Doom 3, I never even finished because I stopped playing for 1 week, went back to it and couldn't figure out which way to go...

Everything was so repetitive and the hallways were all the same that I could not figure out which way to go without spending significant time...

The reason I took the week off in the first place was because it was boring me so there was no way I was going to waste more time (maybe shouldn't have tried playing it right after finishing Far Cry).

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I can agree to all of those except for Doom 3, I never even finished because I stopped playing for 1 week, went back to it and couldn't figure out which way to go...

Everything was so repetitive and the hallways were all the same that I could not figure out which way to go without spending significant time...

The reason I took the week off in the first place was because it was boring me so there was no way I was going to waste more time (maybe shouldn't have tried playing it right after finishing Far Cry).

I agree with you and the thing I don't really like about Doom 3 is that the AI is so dumbly programmed. You can hide in the corners or sneak behind an enemy but you can't because the enemies seems to know where you are even if you're next door. I want a game like FEAR that has a mix with Splinter Cell where you could sneak up behind the back of the enemies neck and snap it. If theres' a game like that by next year then I would be getting it really fast. Anyways Doom 3 seems okay for me and I have only played it once and that's it. Bad replay value.

RedGrandt

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
You should try the Chronicles of Riddick. It combines movement and stealth of Splinter Cell plus short cut scenes overdubbed by Vin Diesel that allow you to select responses and do a tad of roleplaying.
The graphics are as good as you will find and will bring a card to its knees, so you may need to fool with the settings.
if you like FEAR and Splinter Cell, You would be a prime candidate for SWAT 4. some dont like it because you CANNOT kill everything and the control system seems intimidating. It is not. Once you bind your keys your way, its a matter of click scroll "Bang and clear" or Wedge the door.
A little buggy, but it looks alot like FEAR, w/o all the effects.

WackyTabacy

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
F.E.A.R. is totally addictive! Ive played it in all modes for at least ten times and Alma still gives me the creaps. Sitting in the dark with my headphones and the hair in my neck and on my arm up!
Great game!!!
The only things coming up are Crysis (Farcry) or Half Life, but probably not half as creapy! :twisted:

kda

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I really liked F.E.A.R also. I've played it twice. I wish someone had been able to give you a list of similar. Well it was a great question all the same.

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
Guys I think that games like FEAR came only one time in life... it is not possible to find another game similar to one that is almost 'perfect'.

I remember that another game that really addicted my for long time was Soldier of Fortune!! God! I played that game lot of time! wonderful.

Even better than Doom3.

Another game that I was addicted was the first Driver for PC, hours and hours of playing and fun!

Anyway, I think that is coming another FEAR soon. Did you try to play online. I play FEAR online and I have lot of fun. Specially now that I upgrade my system with the Pentium D805 (3.6GHz dual core)!! :) muawww!!

Darkchyld

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Every game mentioned in this thread is awesome, no doubt. Try something reto, I found Aliens vs Predator in the bargin bin. You gotta play it! In fact get AvP 2 and the Primal hunt add-on too. Worth the time!
DC

HotSauce

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005
I just got Far Cry a few weeks ago. It's amazing. I got it to run on med-high on my computer... P4 2.66ghz not dual core, 512 ram, GF6200 (4 pipeline the kind that doesn't unlock). I've played the FEAR demo. it's brilliantly freaky!!

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Oh yeah, AVP2 is a great game! Playing as humans is a freaky time indeed.
I didn't like FEAR too much, but I'm looking forward to Prey. That game looks freaking sick!

Darkchyld

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I just loaded up Starship Troopers so I really can't compare it to like FEAR but I wanted to explore the limits of my new 7800 GS video card. :D
WOW, haven't had that much action on the screen at the same time since Serious Sam. Looks great! I hate bugs too... 8O
DC

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
I finally bought FEAR and I'm very glad I didn't pay full price for it. The AI was very good and the physics of moving things although it didn't do much but make noise for enemies to hear, it's always good when a empty soda can isn't bolted to the floor. I felt like I was a rat in a maze. Go down 3 empty hallways and you knew an enemy squad was due to pop up. I liked how they worked the story into the game. But it has zero replay for me, I uninstalled it as soon as it was over. After playing Far Cry and BF2 I just can't get into such a linear game anymore. Same reason I'll never try Doom3.

Darkchyld

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I just finished FEAR over the holiday. GOOD GAME! I understand there will be a sequel soon. But you know, AvP and AvP 2 were/are still scarier.

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
FEAR was great. Another game like it isnt out yet. Unlike others here i loved doom3 :) . Me and a friend of mine organised a doom night :lol: haha now that was fun to do doom3 all night long :lol:

ArbY

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
FEAR was great. Another game like it isnt out yet. Unlike others here i loved doom3 :) . Me and a friend of mine organised a doom night :lol: haha now that was fun to do doom3 all night long :lol:

I haven't tried F.E.A.R. yet, but I plan to install the SP demo soon.

I enjoyed Doom 3 the first time through as well. In fact, I did the same thing as you and organized a Doom 3 night with a friend. Very fun indeed.
I don't think Doom 3 really has much replay value though. I wouldn't be able to get into it again.