deny access to programs for different users on same computer

I want to deny certain users access to certain programs,
such as MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, from their
settings on the same computer as other users who should
have access to these programs. Is this possible and if
so how is it done?
1 answer Last reply
More about deny access programs users computer

    Hi,

    Yes, it's possible. Simply set permissions on that folder by logging on as
    administrator. Remove everyone permissions, and add only the accounts that
    you want to have access. Please ask if you need detailed assistance with
    this, or see:

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

    You might also find it easier to use the registered version of Doug Knox's
    security console (www.dougknox.com).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Tony Stark" <themasterbc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I want to deny certain users access to certain programs,
    > such as MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, from their
    > settings on the same computer as other users who should
    > have access to these programs. Is this possible and if
    > so how is it done?

Yahoo Messenger Computers Microsoft Windows XP