deny access to programs for different users on same computer

Tags:
  • Yahoo Messenger
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 14, 2004 6:08:35 PM

I want to deny certain users access to certain programs,
such as MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, from their
settings on the same computer as other users who should
have access to these programs. Is this possible and if
so how is it done?

More about : deny access programs users computer

Anonymous
April 15, 2004 12:44:15 AM

Hi,

Yes, it's possible. Simply set permissions on that folder by logging on as
administrator. Remove everyone permissions, and add only the accounts that
you want to have access. Please ask if you need detailed assistance with
this, or see:

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

You might also find it easier to use the registered version of Doug Knox's
security console (www.dougknox.com).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/