M1-ATX Power Supply in Optiplex..

PeterD

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:56:53 +0100, yokeren
<yokeren.1vtz7q@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:

>Im trying to put this new power Supply in my Optiplex GX260.
>http://www.cartft.com/support/doku/manuals/M1-ATX-manual.pdf
>(for use in car) The problem is that it needs a M/B on/off switch. I
>think i might have to find to wires from the control panel or? Can
>somebody help me here?
>
>Sorry about the spelling. Come from Denmark.

If (big IF) I understand you, and the manual, the connection would
perhaps replace the wires that currently go from teh motherboard to
the case On/Off switch. Then the power supplies optional on/off switch
(or the ignition switch?) would be used to power the system.

Maybe an easier way is a 12V to 120 (or 240) inverter? That's what I
use (with my notebook and other equipment) and it is cheap, easy to
hookup and use.

The other way is to use NO connection and turn the computer
on
manually after engine start.

"PeterD" <peter2@hipson.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:56:53 +0100, yokeren
> <yokeren.1vtz7q@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:
>

>>Im trying to put this new power Supply in my Optiplex
>>GX260.
>>http://www.cartft.com/support/doku/manuals/M1-ATX-manual.pdf
>>(for use in car) The problem is that it needs a M/B on/off
>>switch. I
>>think i might have to find to wires from the control panel
>>or? Can
>>somebody help me here?
>>
>>Sorry about the spelling. Come from Denmark.
>
> If (big IF) I understand you, and the manual, the
> connection would
> perhaps replace the wires that currently go from teh
> motherboard to
> the case On/Off switch. Then the power supplies optional
> on/off switch
> (or the ignition switch?) would be used to power the
> system.
>
> Maybe an easier way is a 12V to 120 (or 240) inverter?
> That's what I
> use (with my notebook and other equipment) and it is
> cheap, easy to
> hookup and use.

Last I looked these guys had some sort of conversion cables that might help
you.
www.power-on.com

KC

"PeterD" <peter2@hipson.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:56:53 +0100, yokeren
> <yokeren.1vtz7q@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:
>

> >Im trying to put this new power Supply in my Optiplex GX260.
> >http://www.cartft.com/support/doku/manuals/M1-ATX-manual.pdf
> >(for use in car) The problem is that it needs a M/B on/off switch. I
> >think i might have to find to wires from the control panel or? Can
> >somebody help me here?
> >
> >Sorry about the spelling. Come from Denmark.
>
> If (big IF) I understand you, and the manual, the connection would
> perhaps replace the wires that currently go from teh motherboard to
> the case On/Off switch. Then the power supplies optional on/off switch
> (or the ignition switch?) would be used to power the system.
>
> Maybe an easier way is a 12V to 120 (or 240) inverter? That's what I
> use (with my notebook and other equipment) and it is cheap, easy to
> hookup and use.

Will that power supply work with the optiplex.... i am looking at the
power supply on my optiplex GX260 and it says 160w output, how is 90w
gonna power the system.

--
dorgan