Sign in with
Your question

Oblivion doesn't work!!!

Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2006 9:29:59 PM

Whenever I try to start a new game in oblivion it crashes. I don't know what to do as I've heard so much about it and it won't work.

Any Ideas?

More about : oblivion work

April 28, 2006 1:34:35 AM

I don't have the game, but I can offer some pointers to get some more help...

1. Post in the PC Gaming section. The Forums are reducing the number of areas and most people won't be reading this section anymore. If you're new here you might not have known that! :D 

2. You need to describe in more details what the problem is. you say it crashes when you try to start a new game. Try going that little extra mile and say exactly at what menu it crashes etc. Details that might seem insignifcant to you may be important to some of the guys on here who know an awful lot about PC stuff...

3. This goes for any "please help me" thread - post your system specs. This should include (as a minimum): CPU, RAM, Graphics card, operating system.

4. It's also worth mentioning anything you've tried already to fix the problem. You'd be amazed how many people post here without having tried updating their drivers etc, so you can bet the first reply you get will sugeest this. Save them the trouble if you've already done it!

5. Update your device drivers! (Sorry, but it has to be said)

6. Check the game's own website and discussion forums. Often you'll find that your problem is reported by others and you can find out straight away if there is a solution and what it is. At the very least, if enough people report a fault hopefully the developers will patch it. There's always hope...
!