G

Help! I just recieved my XP1800 on a Epox 8k3a mobo with 256 2700ram.300w PSU. I hooked it to a Maxtor 40gig-7200 rpm ATA133 HD and fed it some Win2K and VIA 4 in 1 drivers. All was fine until I loaded the drivers for my G-force3 Ti200. Now it shits the bed and hangs after the splash screen...anybody?...

G

I've ordered another power supply. In the meantime I went to the VIAarena web site and found hundreds of posts with the same issue. There seems to be a conflict between VIA and NVIDIA/ATI where AGP 4X gets disabled? Does anyone have any other input??

G

I had the same prob with my GF2- I dunno if you're experiencing it, but when I loaded my drievers in Windows it froze after splash screen. I disabled my AGP 4x and the problems went away. First and foremost, I'd definitely try disabling 4x via the BIOS. For my system, it wasn't an option, so I was left with solving it the hard way. What I did, and I'm not saying it will work for you, was use a little tape and tape the last pin on my AGP card, the one furthest from the metal panel cover. I used scotch tape, though I've heard electrical tape is better. I covered both sides of the very last pin and when I booted up, no problems.

Good luck!

You're not that stupid, I'm just that smart.