Updated platform drivers now will not boot past Scrolling ..

As subject states, I updated Nvidia platform drivers to resolve a gaming
issue and now computer just stays on the window with the scrolling green
bar.
It does not boot to the welcome screen.
I am in safe mode at this time and wondering if this is an easy fix?

Fresh install of XP Home sp1

Thanks for any input on this.

Reaching Critical mass

WS
2 answers Last reply
More about updated platform drivers boot past scrolling

    "W????n" <warren.s@youspammer.org> wrote in message
    > As subject states, I updated Nvidia platform drivers to resolve a gaming
    > issue and now computer just stays on the window with the scrolling green
    > bar.
    > It does not boot to the welcome screen.
    > I am in safe mode at this time and wondering if this is an easy fix?
    >
    > Fresh install of XP Home sp1
    >
    > Thanks for any input on this.
    >
    > Reaching Critical mass
    >
    > WS

    Sorry for double post but here is some event log info that maybe someone can
    identify an issue with:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: VSS
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8193
    Date: 4/15/2004
    Time: 1:04:18 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MAINBOSS
    Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine
    CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

    Data:
    0000: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
    0008: 32 31 31 33 00 00 00 00 2113....
    0010: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
    0018: 32 30 37 38 00 00 00 00 2078....

    and:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: EventSystem
    Event Category: (50)
    Event ID: 4609
    Date: 4/15/2004
    Time: 1:04:18 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MAINBOSS
    The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
    processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of
    d:\nt_qxp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
    Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

    and:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7026
    Date: 4/15/2004
    Time: 1:05:54 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MAINBOSS
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    Aavmker4
    Fips
    Processor

    Thanks for reading!!

    WS

    "W????n" <warren.s@youspammer.org> wrote in message
    > As subject states, I updated Nvidia platform drivers to resolve a gaming
    > issue and now computer just stays on the window with the scrolling green
    > bar.
    > It does not boot to the welcome screen.
    > I am in safe mode at this time and wondering if this is an easy fix?
    >
    > Fresh install of XP Home sp1
    >
    > Thanks for any input on this.
    >
    > Reaching Critical mass
    >
    > WS

    Try system Restore
    Undo harmful or unintended changes to your system
    Start\help & support

Drivers Boot Windows XP