As of 5-11-04 no VM beep, txt message.

Last response: in Network Providers
April 19, 2004 5:27:37 PM

Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you wont
get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....

brian s.

More about : beep txt message

April 19, 2004 11:02:14 PM

In article <p86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com>, deadhead73@comcast.net
says...
> Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you wont
> get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
>
> brian s.

thats bullsh!t
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 11:19:41 PM

Marc <none@all.com> wrote:
> In article <p86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com>, deadhead73@comcast.net
> says...
>> Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you wont
>> get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
>>
>> brian s.
>>

> thats bullsh!t

That is just like the GSM equivalent in T-Mobile. I also like the ring
better and NOT the text message (that means there are two things to
delete for each voicemail).

--

Thomas T. Veldhouse
April 19, 2004 11:19:57 PM

"Marc" <none@all.com> wrote in message
> In article <p86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com>, deadhead73@comcast.net
> says...
> > Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you
wont
> > get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
> >
> > brian s.
> >

> thats bullsh!t

I second that!
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 12:50:27 AM

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p 86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you wont
> get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
>
> brian s.

VZW had apparently decided to start playing "takeaway" with it's customers.
First it was free calls to your voicemail, then detailed call info in your
bill-- now no voicemail ring. Of course, there's no reduction in the monthly
fee for what you signed up to get but they no longer give you.

Do they honestly think that's any way to treat a customer? Way to go guys--
keep it up and we'll start bailing out.

Dan'l.
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 12:50:28 AM

"Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NOSPAM@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote

> Do they honestly think that's any way to treat a customer? Way to go
guys--
> keep it up and we'll start bailing out.

Please do not speak for me by saying "we'll".
I may or may not agree with you but I have not
made you my representative.

-Quick
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 4:42:57 AM

"Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in message

> "Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NOSPAM@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote
> >
> > Do they honestly think that's any way to treat a customer? Way to go
> guys--
> > keep it up and we'll start bailing out.
>
> Please do not speak for me by saying "we'll".
> I may or may not agree with you but I have not
> made you my representative.
>
> -Quick

You must be an absolute joy to be around or live with;-)

Dan'l.
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 4:42:58 AM

"Daniel Dravot" <chasham77REMOVETHIS@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote
> "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NOSPAM@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote
> > >
> > > Do they honestly think that's any way to treat a customer? Way to go
> > guys--
> > > keep it up and we'll start bailing out.
> >
> > Please do not speak for me by saying "we'll".
> > I may or may not agree with you but I have not
> > made you my representative.
> >
> > -Quick
>
> You must be an absolute joy to be around or live with;-)

I'm not. But I live in my own separate reality so it doesn't bother me.

-Quick
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 4:12:35 PM

I am in the same market. My bill also state that I can call CS and have them
change it back to its "current" default notification.

--

-Jesse

http://www.pixelpages.net/jesse

Disclaimer: Spelling & grammar errors are made on purpose for those who are
fulfilled by correcting others.

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p 86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you wont
> get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
>
> brian s.

April 21, 2004 9:54:16 AM

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in
news:p 86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com:

> Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you
> wont get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
>
> brian s.

Does this apply to all VZW markets?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 3:47:28 PM

"Nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in
> news:p 86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com:
>
> > Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you
> > wont get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
>
> Does this apply to all VZW markets?

Additionally, if this eventually spreads to all markets, what about those of
us who have instructed Verizon to block all TXT messages sent to our
phones?!!
April 22, 2004 3:19:08 AM

"Joe Kaffe" <kaffejoe@yahoo.com> wrote in

> "Nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in
>> news:p 86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com:
>>
>> > Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11
>> > you wont get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt
>> > msg....
>>
>> Does this apply to all VZW markets?
>
> Additionally, if this eventually spreads to all markets, what about
> those of us who have instructed Verizon to block all TXT messages sent
> to our phones?!!

You can have text messages blocked? That's good to know...but, why would
you do that...getting a lot of spam? At .02/piece, I wouldn't want that
either...
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 3:19:09 AM

> You can have text messages blocked? That's good to know...but, why
> would you do that...getting a lot of spam? At .02/piece, I wouldn't
> want that either...

Yes, you can do that, but a caveat. CS *MUST* do it, in which case EMAIL is
sent to you (or your nickname) at vtext.com, where it is converted and sent,
but if you if you do it yourself (IE Block all messages on the vtext
website, it will no longer work at all). Essentially, it blocks any INCOMING
SMS messages, but not email converted to sms messages.

That's the way I have it set, and it's real nice to be able to get messages
I want, yet block all those others. (I call it having my cake and eating it
too :)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 3:19:09 AM

"Nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> You can have text messages blocked?

Yes

>That's good to know...but, why would
> you do that...getting a lot of spam?
>At .02/piece, I wouldn't want that either...

Exactly! Verizon allows you to make a blacklist, but what we really need is
a whitelist. When each of 3 phones got 5 spam txt messages in one day, I
pulled the plug on txt messaging.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:15:56 AM

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:47:28 -0700, "Joe Kaffe" <kaffejoe@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"Nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in
>> news:p 86dnQYsBtSVkRndRVn-iQ@comcast.com:
>>
>> > Just got my bill for the southern nj/philly market and as of 5-11 you
>> > wont get the voicemail ring. you will recieve a free short txt msg....
>>
>> Does this apply to all VZW markets?
>
>Additionally, if this eventually spreads to all markets, what about those of
>us who have instructed Verizon to block all TXT messages sent to our
>phones?!!

I'd guess you would still get them, you just wouldn't be charged for
them.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 12:48:29 PM

On 2004-04-20 22:54:16 -0700, Nobody <nobody@nowhere.com> said:

> Does this apply to all VZW markets?

a bill as of 4/19 in the SF market doesn't mention it in the messages.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:07:48 PM

T-Mobile does the same thing, as far as sms instead of VM Indicator, and
they don't charge for it either.
System messages are free for T-Mobile. I would imagine that VZW would do the
same thing.

Scotty

"Michael Kincaid" <kz7yy3z02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> On 2004-04-20 22:54:16 -0700, Nobody <nobody@nowhere.com> said:
>
> > Does this apply to all VZW markets?
>
> a bill as of 4/19 in the SF market doesn't mention it in the messages.

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 3:22:37 PM

Evidently, I am in Central FL. Last night instead of voice mail I got a text
message, I am not sure if that is the beginning or not
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 4:09:31 AM

brevdude@aol.com (Brevdude) wrote in

> Evidently, I am in Central FL. Last night instead of voice mail I got
> a text message, I am not sure if that is the beginning or not

No change here in Orlando.
!