Sign in with
Your question

WARCRAFT 3 504t router

Last response: in Video Games
April 30, 2006 2:33:21 AM

I have a problem hosting games on warcraft 3 server i can host fine and all the other mokeys can join except the guy sitting rite next to me in other words we are behind the same NAT I have tried setting up dynamic ip's with the proper port forwarding for both pc but it did not work i have the router running the connection.Dont like bridge mode to many firewall up dates and so mutch nonsence i dont think the problem is firewall related think it has to do with us being behind the same internet ip and dosent know were to send info i would realy apriciat it if some one could help or just point me in the rite direction google wasent mutch help.
THank you

More about : warcraft 504t router

April 30, 2006 12:47:39 PM

you hosting online? if he needs to connect to you he will need to connect to the server using the online list not the LAN list. i assume he has an iternet connection through the router?

the best way to play would be having a dedicated server set up.
May 2, 2006 12:25:31 AM

SO what you are saying is that I must set up bridge mode have my one pc do the connection and then do internet sharing on that pc. if that is the case then i have to set a firewall up on that pc to.Bridge mode dosent suport firewall on the router.
Isnt there perhaps a router that would alow me to do this without have to reconfigure the hole settup
Related resources
May 3, 2006 3:10:48 PM

ZOMG Pleas some one Help ME
May 3, 2006 9:23:51 PM

Quote:
ZOMG Pleas some one Help ME

lol, the problemm is this normally happens the other way around were everyone on the network can join but the outside world cant. how are you trying to join from inside the lan? it should just be a eimple case of finding your server within the internet list and connecting.
May 7, 2006 2:43:18 PM

ZOMG- do you know of a router that would solve all these problems i am having? i prepared to buy a new router to solve this problem, i wonder what the internet cafe do to solve this problem
May 7, 2006 3:42:09 PM

Quote:
ZOMG- do you know of a router that would solve all these problems i am having? i prepared to buy a new router to solve this problem, i wonder what the internet cafe do to solve this problem

they would run a dedicated server...another pc that just runs a server for the game so anyone can join.
May 8, 2006 12:36:16 PM

Isnt there a router that could do what i want and how do the internet cafe's do it
May 10, 2006 8:55:46 PM

ZOMG SOME ONE plz help me
May 11, 2006 8:19:57 AM

Have you asked this question in the official forums for the game?
May 11, 2006 1:14:30 PM

I understand this problem to be with the router not the game.so asking blizzard wont help and i am curently email 2 router companys asking for advise on this topic.
May 11, 2006 2:15:53 PM

Indeed but you will note I said to ask in the official games forum not ask Blizzard. Chances are some punter somewhere in the world has the same router as you and experienced the same problem and might, just might have the answer there waiting for you. All it takes is a quick google search and you stand a much better chance of obtaining an answer there than here.

Unless on the other hand you prefer to periodically bump this thread by saying

ZOMG SOME ONE plz help me

Then feel free but it might take you longer to get a response that will solve your problem.
May 12, 2006 8:29:01 PM

Well I have tired google and no one has an answer i am curently emailing 3 company that make routers D-link, Linksys and sisco systems.THis is not the only thred i am runnig aswell im just trying to get asmutch info out of theas formis as i can when i get an answer we will all know.I realy apriciated your help and your unwanted remarks. I'm sorry im not as MP as you. Pleas ask the admin to kill this thred its ovious no one knows what to do here.Im sorry i buged your forum.
OW and by the way nothing is easy.
!