asus a7n266 and crucial help

G

Just bought an asus a7n266 for apc i'm building for my sister in law. As usual i'm sticking to crucial memory but was a little worried about the note a saw next to the advert for the board(scan.co.uk)'we reccomend using only micron memory with this board'. i know that crucial is a division of micron and also that they use micron chips on their memory sticks but 1. am i likely to encounter stabi;ity problems? and 2. crucial state that the memory i'm using(pc2100, unbuffered 256meg stick) is rated at 2.5v, the mobo manual reccomends that i run the memory at the default setting of 2.6v.. bearing in mind that this pc will not be overclocked should i stick to the 2.5v setting or will it be okay to run at 2.6v.
hopes this doesnt sound to stupid, i'm inclined to run it at 2.5v but am worried that it may lead to problems.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
i know that crucial is a division of micron and also that they use micron chips on their memory sticks but 1. am i likely to encounter stabi;ity problems?
No. And if you do, Crucial stands 100% behind their memory.

2. Try both settings and see which one is more stable.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

delpart

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
The best bet is to go to the crucial web site after looking up the part number on your chip and find out what the voltage is.

en Xristos

G

I've had it up and running almost 24/7 now for the last day and a half.. no problems ended up setting the voltage to 2.5v. Interestingly though just received an almost indentical oreder today asus a7n266 and went for microns own memory.. as luck would have it 4 failed atempts later and a quick memory change to crucial and all was fine. RMA RMA RMA

TRENDING THREADS