Windows XP on Used Computer

I am considering buying a used computer that ,when new,
was purchased with Windows XP installed on it. If I do buy
it will I be able to use the Win XP without additional
cost? I also plan to change some of the hardware and
software that is now on the computer. Any problem with
that?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

As long as you also get any recovery media, product key, and COA, then there
is no reason you cannot use it, or alter the hardware/software.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"David E. McClure" <demcclure@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I am considering buying a used computer that ,when new,
> was purchased with Windows XP installed on it. If I do buy
> it will I be able to use the Win XP without additional
> cost? I also plan to change some of the hardware and
> software that is now on the computer. Any problem with
> that?
>
> Thanks for your help.

I just bought my xp by auction and the pamplet that came
with it says "for distribution with a new PC", I got a COA
number and the disk but no product key. What can I do?

What I should have said was I won Microsoft Windows XP
Home and it said it
Includes Service Pack 1a
This OEM Full Version software is contained in its
original sealed, and has never been opened or registered
with authentic holographic CD-Rom, manual, and product
key !
Do you think that an 11 page pamphlet qualifies as a
manual? Thanx

Greetings --

File a complaint with the auctioneer and the pertinent legal
authorities; you're a victim of fraud.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you: