Windows XP on Used Computer

I am considering buying a used computer that ,when new,
was purchased with Windows XP installed on it. If I do buy
it will I be able to use the Win XP without additional
cost? I also plan to change some of the hardware and
software that is now on the computer. Any problem with
that?

Thanks for your help.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows computer

    Hi,

    As long as you also get any recovery media, product key, and COA, then there
    is no reason you cannot use it, or alter the hardware/software.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "David E. McClure" <demcclure@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I am considering buying a used computer that ,when new,
    > was purchased with Windows XP installed on it. If I do buy
    > it will I be able to use the Win XP without additional
    > cost? I also plan to change some of the hardware and
    > software that is now on the computer. Any problem with
    > that?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    I just bought my xp by auction and the pamplet that came
    with it says "for distribution with a new PC", I got a COA
    number and the disk but no product key. What can I do?

    What I should have said was I won Microsoft Windows XP
    Home and it said it
    Includes Service Pack 1a
    This OEM Full Version software is contained in its
    original sealed, and has never been opened or registered
    with authentic holographic CD-Rom, manual, and product
    key !
    Do you think that an 11 page pamphlet qualifies as a
    manual? Thanx

    Greetings --

    File a complaint with the auctioneer and the pertinent legal
    authorities; you're a victim of fraud.

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    >I just bought my xp by auction and the pamplet that came
    > with it says "for distribution with a new PC", I got a COA
    > number and the disk but no product key. What can I do?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP