Text msg alert sound on VX 6000

Mike

Splendid

Hi, on my VX 6K, i have the text msg alert setting (menu>messages>msg
settings>msg alerts>text msg alert) set to custom ring tone which happens to
sound ring 2 when selected.

But if i go into the contacts menu and select "default text msg ringer" for
any contact, it just does a short vibration pulse, same thing when I select
edit, the default ringer comes up with the radio button next to it selected
and that vibe pulse happens again. When I receive a msg from someone not in
my phonebook, it alerts me with the normal sound....but i just get those
vibe pulses with people in the phonebook.

I could go through my phonebook and change everyone's individual text msg
alert sound (or at least those that send me msgs) but this seems kind of
buggy and that there's gotta be an easier way....hopefully. Thanks for any
help.

Mike

Mike

Splendid