new user: asp.net?

Hi, either when I installed a new game or when I did some
Windows Updates. The next time I started my computer I
had to click on the Welcome screen on Administrator - me,
that's good - but I'm supposed to be the only user. I
always go straight to my desktop. So I checked the User
Accounts I found a new user: ASP.NET Machine A... Limited
Account Password Protected (exactly like that, with the
A...). I think a game may have said that if I don't have
Framework it would install it. Does it have anything to
do with it? Where the heck did this new user come from?
This happened once before - I deleted the user. Looked
like hacker stuff, but what do I know? Any clues?
Thanks for your time, Vicki
1 answer Last reply
More about user

    Hi

    Have a look here:

    "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "syren02" <syren02@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1d4e701c42380$aa905bf0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    | Hi, either when I installed a new game or when I did some
    | Windows Updates. The next time I started my computer I
    | had to click on the Welcome screen on Administrator - me,
    | that's good - but I'm supposed to be the only user. I
    | always go straight to my desktop. So I checked the User
    | Accounts I found a new user: ASP.NET Machine A... Limited
    | Account Password Protected (exactly like that, with the
    | A...). I think a game may have said that if I don't have
    | Framework it would install it. Does it have anything to
    | do with it? Where the heck did this new user come from?
    | This happened once before - I deleted the user. Looked
    | like hacker stuff, but what do I know? Any clues?
    | Thanks for your time, Vicki

    ---

Windows XP