Sign in with
Your question

How is nForce treating your socket A chips?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 13, 2002 1:09:08 PM

Just curious & would like some feedback from nForce mobo owners :) 

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

I amd guilty intel proven innocent
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2002 9:29:34 PM

I'll get back to you in an hour or so, i'm just building a mach8ine with the nforce mobo just at the moment installing windows. building another tommorow as well.. so i'm hoping for good things..
May 13, 2002 9:55:26 PM

Sweet. I am thinking of building a nForce system too, but want a mobo without built-in video.
Please post which motherboards you chose to use. Also, what version of Windows you loaded & any "issues" you had with drivers, peripheral devices, etc.

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

I amd guilty intel proven innocent
Related resources
May 14, 2002 5:36:00 AM

i have built 3 systems with the msi board, have had no problems at all. drivers go in smooth, i love the led diagnostics. i wouldnt really consider it a performance board, more like a budget system.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2002 11:12:22 AM

finished building and configuring the pc last night and has been running all evening 3d mark.. the scores not great(sorry cant help but compare it to my own with a gf3) but the drivers installed sweetly. all is stable and machine is running games like medal of honour very well indeed. apps like photoshop, illustrator, word etc run seamlessly together. etc etc.
all in all a good budget choice board with good potential upgrade facility..
got another one arriving today hope it performs as trouble free as this one. heres hoping
May 14, 2002 11:21:17 AM

That's good to hear. The nForce boards will make a nice mobo for small businesses. Just what AMD needed, something to compete with the 810/815 out there, and it's not Via based. Now one can do nForce/Duron workstations instead of 810/Celerons

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=87962" target="_new">My Rigs </A>
!