Trouble booting new system

G

I am in the process of getting my new system started and am having problems with booting that I wanted to ask your help on.

Here is the current system:

SOYO DRAGON Plus
IBM 75GXP 30GB - Master
Cyberdrive 56X CD-ROM - Primary Slave
Cyberdrive 36/12/48 CD-RW - Secondary slave
RADEON 8500LE 128MB
PC2100 256MB

No matter what I have done in the BIOS settings, whenever I start the computer it goes to the CD-ROM and asks for a boot disk. All that I have is my Win2K disk and it doesn't like that.

I was trying to get it to go to the hard drive apon starting so I could format it but have been unable to. I suspect a setup with the motherboard but am not sure.

Any ideas

G

HD0 is first boot, CD-ROM is second boot and the floppy is the third boot. Even when I disconected both CD drives and only had the hard drive it still came up with the same issue.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Timsatx on 05/13/02 10:50 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
hang on - is there an OS installed on the hard drive? If not, you have to either boot off floppy or CD and then format your hard drive before you can install an OS on it.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

G

No, this is a brand new hard drive. It still needs to be formatted. Thats what is strange to me. Previously when I built one (about 5 years ago) it tried to boot the hard drive but I needed to install some files from a floppy first. I can't seem to force this one to do to the hard drive.

I just went back to read the message I get. It say's: "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter". Like I said, it goes strait to the CD-ROM drive.

I also put this drive into another computer and it worked fine.