Buying a Flat Screen-suggestions?

G

Well, I am on the verge of buying a new system. I have every piece picked out in my head with the exception of the monitor. I am agonizing over this descision and could use some help.

I have saved up quite a bit, preparing to buy a 21" flat screen. The store I am buying everything else from, is offering the 21" Avitron models for about the right price I want to spend. But doing some searching, I get mixed reviews on these. They look fine in the store, but a 5 minute glance is differant than a several hour marathon, so I wanted to research carefully.

I hear nothing but good stuff about the Sony models, except I would have to go down to a 19" to be within my budget.
I have read the other threads, Viewsonic seems to be popular as well. Suggestions? Other experiences with Avitrons? I use a Dell Trinitron at work, I think the picture is fine, but I am a bit crippled by lousy graphics card, so I haven't tried extensive tests. Also, the lines across thre screen do not bother me at all ( Never notice them except on a white backgroud.)
Thanks,
-Dale Paton

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dalepaton on 01/31/01 01:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Viewsonic PF790. Fell in love with this thing the moment I turned it on!

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree!

I just got mine in today, and you can see the quality right when you turn it on for the first time. the PF790 ROX!

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

TRENDING THREADS