Sign in with
Your question

Technical Support Kernel Panics On Old Yikes Power Mac G4

Last response: in Mac Os X
September 4, 2011 6:09:58 PM

Please help me and please do not laugh I have windows machines too. I have an old Power Macintosh G4 which is called "Yikes" commonly because it runs on PCI graphics. I had intentions of using this machine as a Media Server for Itunes,Movies and such it was running fine. I have it upgraded with a 1Ghz Encore ZIF Processor. The Ram is maxed out at 1 GB. I have a Sonnet SATA card with a 1TB Seagate drive running at 7200rpm. It has one 10Gb drive Pata on the original system bus. Then it was running find guys. I was so happy. My music and H.264 rips streaming great to my PS3. Then Kernel Panics consistently. I have Applejack and protools by Micromat all hardware comes up fine. Even with all hardware extras removed through process of elimination. I am still getting Kernel panics. Even just trying to surf the internet or mail. The dust and clean state of the unit is impeccable. I blew it all out before all these fortune in parts were put in. I am pretty much begging you guys at this point what should I do?
September 19, 2011 5:01:06 AM

i do not believe there is much that can be done in the way of tweaking here. when i come across a mac issue i cant solve i go to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ they are very good at solving strange issues
m
l
!