Plug near batter on Inspiron 8600's & 9100's

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I've been tearing apart a couple 9100 and 8500/8600 Inspirons the past
week or two. They both have a "plug" that ends near the battery
compartment. The plug is covered by a small door.

This plug seems to go nowhere. Is there any function for this plug?

Thanks very much,
Dan

If you mean the little cover near the optical drive, it goes no where, see
http://www.notebookforums.com/showpost.php?p=566100&postcount=6
and read the second item.

bill
williem